Wednesday 18 August 2010

Plans For Next Writings


If the Good Lord grants me the time and ability, I wish to undertake certain writings for Filioque:

1) Consider, under the guidance of the Angelic Doctor, the state of our first parents before the Fall in order to assess the glory that has come about since the Incarnation and the subsequent (in principle) exaltation of man.
2) Write a commentary on the Letter to the Romans, which so influenced my holy patron, Augustine before and after his conversion to the true Faith.
3) Respond to certain beliefs, concepts and overall cosmic view of the Faith movement.

However, most importantly I ask that you pray for our Holy Father that his visit to Scotland may be fruitful in bringing about a greater devotion to our Lord Christ in His Catholic Church, and that the Roman Pontiff, the Vicar of Christ will be protected by His mercy from all harm.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to the commentary on Romans. How far though is question 1 connected with question 3? Does St. Thomas work with the Faith movement or are they in some contradiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to address the concepts of the Faith Movement simply because I recently attended their summer conference. They would also disagree with St. Thomas (although he is not definite, but believes it to be most fitting) and say that the Logos would have become incarnate even if man had not sinned. The Faith movement would not use the Aristotelian terminology that Thomas employs either. There are other differences but I need to learn more about the Faith movement before I can get to that point (bought a book by their founder, so I will get through that soon-ish).

    I have written notes for the first chapter and some of chapter 2 of Romans, so I hope to get that typed up next week at the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am looking forward to the commentary of the Romans. I've always found Paul's change in style fascinating.

    Their (those in the Faith Movement) claim that God would have become incarnate, sin or not, I have always found rather disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignatius,

    Our FSSP priest at the weekend commented on their view regarding the Incarnation of the Logos and called it 'blasphemy'. Since, God is eternally self-sufficient and such a view for him, regards God and man as equals, so that God wants to share our nature for the sake of sharing. He came to be the lamb to take away our sins, simple.
    By the way, I love that image of St. Ignatius you have next to your name. One of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete