Sunday 8 August 2010

Faith Conference

I have safely returned from my week in Surrey for the occasion of the Summer Faith Conference 2010. I would like to thank all who made this event possible, our priests in particular those who delivered a presentation, the women behind the scenes and all who contributed to a wonderful, Christ-filled week. Such orthodox events are rare for young people, and it was certainly a delight (and a shock) to hear the Church's doctrines concerning artificial contraception, abortion and the Real Presence of our Divine Lord in the Eucharist uncompromisingly defended. Also, this trip for me could not have been made possible without the funds being provided by my own parish in Livingston.
For an Augustinian with a great interest in and respect for Saint Thomas, the terminology and concepts of the Faith movement were strange to say the least. Using the current scientific explanation for the universe's origins, they believe that all creation is directed towards and finds its meaning in the Incarnation of the Logos, Who would have descended to earth whether man had sinned or not. Their approach is certainly Christ-centered, as it is only through Him that all things were made and only under His Name can man be saved. We were also told how God from all eternity had the Church foremost in His divine mind, all creation is for the Church, whereby one is united most intimately with the Lord, the Head. Their presentation of beliefs was not merely applied to the earth, or human society but to all that is, which I found very refreshing.
Also, I would like to show again my appreciation for Father T. Finigan who offered the Holy Sacrifice according to the Old Rite, and graciously permitted me to serve. For someone of immense learning, he is certainly a humble soul.
I attach a link for some photographs from his blog:

Faith Conference 2010 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment